- $500.00 Select options
- $150.00 Select options
- $200.00 Select options
- $250.00 Select options
HOURS: Monday-Friday 10am-6pm & Saturday 11-4.
NOTE on Restorations: Repair orders are currently 3 months out for laced caning and rush seats.
Brandy will be in England Oct 13-31 for the UK Chair Caning Tour! Please make an appointment to bring your chair in for repair. The museum and shop will be open with regular business hours. Dave will be holding down the fort during the busy season. Volunteers will be in the shop periodically to give Dave a break but will not give estimates for repair.
WELCOME to Silver River Center for Chair Caning
We are located at CURVE Studios & Garden in the River Arts District of Asheville, NC. Free parking on-site.
The nation’s only chair caning school & museum is operated by Brandy Clements & Dave Klingler, two chair nerds on a mission to revive a “dying art.” Silver River Chairs is a must see on your trip to Asheville, or for locals exploring the art scene. Its an experiential education opportunity for all ages. All restorations, class fees, and t-shirt sales help keep the chair caning museum free for the education of the masses.
At SRCCC VISITORS CAN:
- See daily demonstrations on an incredible variety of chairs with woven seats.
- Take a self-guided tour of our museum.
Learn about the material, history, and process of 8 styles of chair caning.
A permanent collection of historical chairs is on display as well as a rotating exhibits.
- Take classes from beginner levels to advanced tutorials.
- Hang out in the reference library and lounge and read about the ancient and global tradition of chair caning.
- Bring your family heirloom in for restoration by our seat weaving experts.
- Donate your chair for student practice at reduced cost of repair.
- Purchase restored chairs in our chair shop.
- Get advice on your chairs.
- Quickly become total chair nerds.
For more info, call 828.707.4553 • email SilverRiverChairs@gmail.com.
Visit us at CURVE Studios & Garden, #9 Riverside Drive Asheville, NC 28801.
For detailed directions and map, see our Contact & Location page.