- $150.00 Add to cart
- $250.00 Select options
- $200.00 Select options
- $150.00 Select options
HOURS: Monday-Friday 10am-6pm & Saturday 11-4.
NOTE on Restorations: Repair orders are currently 2 months out.
We will be CLOSED Thursday, July 30-Monday, August 3 for the SeatWeavers Guild Annual Gathering.
WELCOME to Silver River Center for Chair Caning
We are located at CURVE Studios & Garden in the River Arts District of Asheville, NC. Free parking on-site.
The nation’s only chair caning school & museum is operated by Brandy Clements & Dave Klingler, two chair nerds on a mission to revive a “dying art.” Silver River Chairs is a must see on your trip to Asheville, or for locals exploring the art scene. Its an experiential education opportunity for all ages.
At SRCCC VISITORS CAN:
- See daily demonstrations on an incredible variety of chairs with woven seats.
- Take a self-guided tour of our museum.
Learn about the material, history, and process of 8 styles of chair caning.
A permanent collection of historical chairs is on display as well as a rotating exhibits.
- Take classes from beginner levels to advanced tutorials.
- Hang out in the reference library and lounge and read about the ancient and global tradition of chair caning.
- Bring your family heirloom in for restoration by our seat weaving experts.
- Donate your chair for student practice at reduced cost of repair.
- Purchase restored chairs in our chair shop.
- Get advice on your chairs.
- Quickly become total chair nerds.
For more info, call 828.707.4553 • email SilverRiverChairs@gmail.com. Visit us at CURVE Studios & Garden, #9 Riverside Drive Asheville, NC 28801.
For detailed directions and map, see our Contact & Location page.