$1,350.00Add to cart
- $50.00 Add to cart
- $500.00 Select options
- $250.00 Select options
NEW HOURS: Mon-Friday 10am-5pm, & Saturday 11-4. & by appointment
We will be open by appointment only on Saturdays in August & September to recover from hosting a national conference.
NOTE on Restorations: Repair orders are currently 2 months for most seats.
Our next low-cost introductory workshop is scheduled for Saturday November 19, from 11am-2pm. The cost is $50 and includes all tools, materials, and chairs. SPACE IS LIMITED! CALL TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE 828-707-4553
CHAIR CANING BOOT CAMP is designed for beginners wanting to learn all they can about the craft. Great for those considering a part-time job caning chairs, furniture restoration specialists looking to add seat weaving to their portfolio, or for general chair nerds who have a chair habit and need to finally fix all of those seats. BOOT CAMP IS A 2 WEEK INTENSIVE DECEMBER 5-9 & 12-16. SAVE $150 ON TUITION BY SIGNING UP FOR BOOT CAMP. BRING A FRIEND AND SAVE AN ADDITIONAL $100
WELCOME to Silver River Center for Chair Caning
We are located at CURVE Studios & Garden in the River Arts District of Asheville, NC with FREE parking on-site.
The nation’s only chair caning school & museum is operated by Brandy Clements & Dave Klingler, two chair nerds on a mission to revive a “dying art.” Silver River Chairs is a must see on your trip to Asheville, or for locals exploring the art scene. Its an experiential education opportunity for all ages. All restorations, class fees, and t-shirt sales help keep the chair caning museum free for the education of the masses.
At SRCCC VISITORS CAN:
- See daily demonstrations on an incredible variety of chairs with woven seats.
- Take a self-guided tour of our museum.
Learn about the material, history, and process of 8 styles of chair caning.
A permanent collection of historical chairs is on display as well as rotating special exhibits.
- Take classes from beginner levels to advanced tutorials.
- Hang out in the reference library and lounge and read about the ancient and global tradition of chair caning.
- Bring your family heirloom in for restoration by our seat weaving experts.
- Donate your woven chair for student practice.
- Purchase restored chairs in our chair shop.
- Get advice on your chairs.
- Quickly become total chair nerds.
For detailed directions and map, see our Contact & Location page.