Our Low-Cost introductory workshops include a detailed demonstration followed by hands-on practice as time permits. All workshops are $50.
- Ideal for people on a budget or who can’t spend 2-5 days in a full class.
- All chairs and materials/tools provided.
- Intro-workshops are for laced cane, pressed cane, and rush seats.
- Handouts provided. Note-taking, photography, and video encouraged.
- Though not as comprehensive as a full class, you do get some hands-on weaving time.
- You will get $25 off a full-day class as a graduate of the workshop.
- You are welcome to bring your chair for tips on getting started at the end of the workshop.
If you sign up online, please call and let us know what date you want to attend and what style of chair is inspiring you to take the class. 828-707-4553.
NEXT LOW-COST WORKSHOP:
HAND-WOVEN/LACED CHAIR CANING. Saturday, December 16, 2017. 11am-2pm.
WINTER 2018 DATES:
PRESSED/MACHINE-WOVEN CANING: Wednesday, January 10, 2018. 11am-1pm.
HAND-WOVEN CANING: Saturday, January 20, 2018 & Saturday, March 3, 2018. 11am-2pm.
RUSH WEAVING: Saturday, January 13, 2018. 11am-2pm