Lots of deliciousness is happening in the Galaxy as well:
– The Junction [located in the Pink Dog Creative Buildings at 348 Depot Street] Featuring house-made soups, salads & sandwiches from regional farms & a full bar with fresh squeezed cocktails. My favorite is the vodka, hibiscus, and basil…delish! Did I mention SUPER NICE FOLKS?
– White Duck Taco Shop [the Hatchery, 1 Roberts Street] Affordable, creative & quick tacos, soups & snacks. Can’t wait to try it!
– The Magnetic Field [372 Depot Street] It’s a cafe, it’s a bar, it’s a theatre! Enjoy a delectable meal & a wonderful performance. They catered the Big Bang and there was not a single bit of leftovers for us!
Nourish & Flourish Organic Juice Bar [347 Depot] Fresh squeezed juices with ingredients from local farms & award winning rashi teas. A fantastic and guilt free option to getting an iced mocha…you are what you eat…and drink!
– 12 Bones [5 Riverside Drive] Best BBQ in town, nuff said.
– Clingman Cafe [242 Clingman Ave.] All I can say is YUM! Organic coffee, breakfast, lunch & now dinner (Thurs & Fri!)
– The Wedge Brewing Co. [125 B Roberts Street] Sunset views & amazing brews. Check out one of the reasons Asheville was recently voted Beer City USA (3rd year in a row!)
So there you have it; the rundown. More reasons to visit the River Arts District; a district of creation, passion & dedication. Where 160 artists make up an eclectic community in 19 historical rehabilitated buildings along a 1 1/2 mile stretch of the French Broad River. Come visit the district & see creation at its best! (and grab some grub while your at it…)
Planet Art would like to thank Laurie McCarrier for this post and for generally being awesome!Share this article...