Class Length: 5 Sessions
- Yes, it will take all 5 days.
- Moderate hand strength required
- Choose from a week-long session or try our low-cost, crash course workshop.
Cost: Includes appropriately sized cane, 35 hours of instruction, and all tools and materials necessary to complete the project.
BYOC: Bring your own chair or we can provide one for you for $40-$60 depending on the style/amount of work involved in refurbishing.
Before Class: At least a week before class we need to measure your chair for appropriately sized cane strands, and inspect it for structural issues.
Chairs not suitable for your first class:
- ROUND CHAIRS! Common but not great for your first project
- chairs with curved back/seat are not ideal but easier than round chairs
- recessed holes underneath like Bentwood chairs
- chairs with over 100 holes
- holes that do not go all the way through the frame or share a seam with other panels of cane
- chairs that have a frame which must be removed from the rest of the chair in order to weave
IMPORTANT: Please read through our Workshop FAQs.