Typically every April/May & September/October, in 2022 our two-week intensive scheduled according to your availability!
Perfect for someone interested in seat weaving as a business or for a hobby. This series of classes is geared toward beginners but is great for intermediate seat weavers to perfect their skills.
We will cover the basics of Laced Cane, Pressed Cane, Shaker Tape, Fiber Rush and Splint Reed restorations, while giving you invaluable tips to simplify the process. Save $300 on all 5 classes by signing up for boot camp.
All materials and tools are included in class fees. Down payment of half the boot camp fee holds your spot.
To sign up for one or two of these sessions go to the shop page, click on the style of weaving (splint, rush, etc) that you want to learn, and choose your class date in the drop down tab.
How to Choose Chairs to Bring to Boot Camp
A total of 5 chairs will be completed during this series of classes. Students are responsible for supplying their own, structurally sound chairs. Any refinishing/structural repairs need to be addressed before Bootcamp. We can supply chairs with advanced notice of at least a month. Chairs will range in cost from $20-$50/chair depending on how much work is involved to get them ready.
Boot Camp specifics:
- Monday. Fiber Rush. 10am-4pm
- Tuesday. Fiber Rush. 10am-4pm
- Wednesday. Shaker Tape Weaving. 10am-3pm
- Thursday. Splint Weaving. 10am-4pm
- Friday. Pressed Caning + Finish/Review. 10am-2/4pm.
- Use the weekend between classes to explore the sights, sounds, and tastes of Asheville or return home to rest.
- Monday-Friday, Laced Caning. 10am-5pm